Laser Gum surgery Animation
Click here to view the procedure animation.
WHY IS LPT better for the treatment of gum disease?
- LPT TM is about as easy as erasing a blackboard — there’s no cutting and no suturing.
- There’s much less discomfort with LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY TM than with standard surgery — during and after the procedure.
- It takes less time than traditional surgery. All it takes is two 2-hour visits to our office and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery requires four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- LPT TM gives better, longer-lasting results. In fact, 98% of LPT TM treated patients remain stable after five years,
We recommend a soft diet for a day or two, and common sense should prevail, but in most cases, patients feel good enough to eat anything they want right after the procedure.
- Following traditional surgery, recovery can take between to 2-4 weeks during which patients can experience considerable pain and swelling, where they may be restricted to liquid or soft diets.
- There’s less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won’t lose time from work.
- LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY TM is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.